Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Snowy day of Pampering

Monday in New York - Snow Outside

What can a girl do?
Book last-minute spa and salon appointments of course!
  • First up (11am - 3 hrs at spa)

Got me a Winter Refresher package at Dorit Baxter's


Wah, shioki-shiok (Bok, this is how you spell it!) - 1 hr massage, 1 hr facial and 30 mins scrub plus an extra spots-treatment.. Damage? US$236, not bad I must say
It's all very nice and pretty and cute blah blah blah, but seriously, was I going to stay at home and make cards? Nah! Got a cute rubber stamp and stamp pad instead. The wedding Guestbooks were also JUST ordinary..

Cute little ramen stall in the East Village, went there as reviews were good and I was meant to have a hair appointment at the Jap salon next-door but shock shock horror horror, they had moved to a new location a month ago.. Regardless, sat down and had me a shoyu ramen - very very yum! I think the store owner was a tad shocked when I said Itadakimasu ahead of eating (or maybe I was just imagining it!)..


Shoyu ramen at Rai Rai Ken


Pack'em in! This is exactly how 'big' the stall is..

Had a bit of a confusion over my appointment as the stylist couldn't quite understand 'my English' but managed to squeeze in a cut and colour (no highlights though). Instead, 'highlights' included chatting about KimuTaku, Won Bin and J-dramas and K-dramas.. what else? Stylist Nari looks a lot like a Jap colleague in Singapore so got a photo in. Damage? US$160



Zagat-subscriber and happy-hour crazed bird P's recommendations for drinks and dinner in our Mid-town vicinity.. Had a Bam Bam Boo (sake, lime, cranberry) and some very delicious Mushroom cigars (what? smoking even with the great NYC smoking ban..!) and lamb chops.

1 comment:

fong said...

Wah, your trip looks fantastic! Wish I was there.