Wednesday, February 14, 2007

愛してる - Aishiteru

It's Valentine Day and just the way I like it. No fuss, no plans, no tackiness.. Instead, got a few sweet and naughty messages from good pals.. thanks for the bear hug C! Anyway, since I've not even prepared a card for Bokwok this year, this blog shall serve as this year's ingenious surprise!

So here goes……...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
To bokwok and all the girlies and other-halves..

Other ingenious surprises from previous years include:

Top prize: A self-made booklet of naughty and nice vouchers for Bok to redeem! I'll leave your imagination to run wild about the contents… but trust me, they were all of great value (or priceless..)! Till today, we have a laugh thinking about how Bok was so elated at finding this booklet stashed away in some dusty old corner of our old flat a couple of years on, only to be immediately crushed when I pointed out the 'expiry date' neatly printed at the corner of the vouchers. Haha, read the fine print!

Second prize: An unfinished scrapbook I started last year (or was it the year before?) - meant to be filled with poems (very un-me), silly songs, drawing and piccies of us but all that came to a pre-mature end after the first 2 pages.. Finally surrendered it nonchalantly to Bok when we were clearing out stuff ahead of the most recent house-move. So did we chuck them out after all? Who knows?

Third prize: Similar to second prize but this time I had trouble completing even my sign-off on a regular card from the shops! How terrible.. I think I held on it to until another clearing-out session from house-move before last.

What are you guys up to? Is Y going to Adam for some beers again?
We might be going to pick up some 'Lao Sai mee' from our dingy local Chinese take-out. Really cheap-and-cheerful Lo Mein with super-hot chilli oil, thus the christening of 'Lao Sai mee' (thanks to C for name-inspiration!). How very low-key..

XXX

Oh almost forgot! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Doggie! Did you guys know that Doggie's real name is Val-Boy? Short for Valentine's Day Boy. Bok, how old is Doggie ah?

1 comment:

fong said...

Yay Serene has a blog! I promise to read regularly. Post some photos please.